[git-buildpackage] [ANNOUNCE] git-buildpackage 0.8.7
agx at sigxcpu.org
Mon Nov 28 08:56:21 CET 2016
I'm happy to announce the relesae of git-buildpackage 0.8.7:
Here's a list of changes:
git-buildpackage (0.8.7) unstable; urgency=medium
[ Guido Günther ]
* [924f809] Build-depend on libdistro-info-perl.
This silences the testsuite and unbreaks the build on Ubuntu
* [36b8a58] rpm: don't warn about deprecated $repo/.gbp.conf.
People use it a lot with rpm based tools so don't warn there until we
clearly suggested a better location.
* [3c498e1] docs: Don't suggest deprecated section names in examples
* [42657fc] docs: Rework "upstream uses git" section
* [ced46db] tests: Move doctests to subdir
* [ea5775a] commands: allow to fall back to error reason if stderr is empty.
Use this in PristineTar and SrcRpmFile to give better error messages if
the command doesn't even get to print to stderr (i.e. missing on disk).
* [4cacaeb] Avoid printing deprecation twice. Some tools reparse the
config. We don't want another deprecation in this case.
* [039a286] Avoid deprecation outside of Debian package repositories. E.g.
~ might have a .gbp.conf for the user and might be git managed.
* [acf7a73] Avoid deprecation on bash completion
* [6f75d7c] Fix new flake8 errors. (Closes: #844932)
* [420e299] DebianGitRepository: Handle dot escaping as specified in DEP-14
* [d360a6d] DebianGitRepository: simplify version mangling '%' is not valid
in a Debian version number and we only want single character replacements
* [7ed5e2b] DebianGitRepository: Unmangle version. When mapping from a git
tag to a Debian version unamngle it.
* [0b317ee] docs: Use version mangling with care
* [c96a5b4] docs: Recommend DEP-14
* [9cb3966] examples/gbp-posttag-push: allow to upload packages too after
pushing all the git data to the remote end. Making one more custom
packaging script obsolete.
[ Jonas Meurer ]
* [dd5c3bc] Add version mangling.
This allows to replace characters in upstream version numbers. I.e.
replace '-' by '.'. (Closes: #842638)
Thanks to everybody who contributed to this release. As usual the
package is available via Debian unstable:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the git-buildpackage